Thursday, September 04, 2008

Luxembourg : GeoWolf 5: Wolf's Canyon


GeoWolf 5: Wolf's Canyon was the last of the day and last of the holiday. Went solo one more time. TomTom (I use that one on the road) guided me to the "camping officiel" where I parked the car and started walking. Asked a dutch couple wether there was a trail starting somewhere in the back of the campsite. Turns out they only just arrived and this was their first time but they knew of a "fitness trail" at the back of the camping, good enuff for me, found that trail near the "piscine" and GPSr pointed in that general direction.

Great walk up the hill, sometimes I went "as the crow flies" but always ended up back on the trail so followed that upto the canyon. WOW !! impressive!! even more impressive when 3 french folk descended from the other side, that put the whole canyon into perspective! HUGE and VERY STEAP ! Sad story tho about killing all the wolves. The picture is not from the canyon but from the rubble you'll have to climb over.

Finding the cache was harder. Not sure which info post you meant since one of em was destroyed. While i was searching thru the rubble a young, flemmish couple walked up from the camping and when they returned i was still rummaging thru the rubble.
They glanced a bit oddly so I explained what was going on and immediately the guy started helping, but we didnt find it. I gave him a card with the geocaching.com website and off they went.
I wasnt going to finish this day and this holiday with a second DNF so I remembered the guy's last words "its about 8m from that post to here, so it must be up more"

So climb higher and higher until I recognized the picture! hu? no cache? it was VERY well hidden only 60-70cm to the right, under a very simular rectangular slaband hidden from sight by more rocks.

Great walk and a nice climb for a not so easy hide ;-)

021800SEP2008

No comments: